Melbourne Music Marathon Weekend: Event Profile
Located on Florida’s Space Coast, between Miami and Jacksonville, east of Orlando and Tampa, the Publix Melbourne Music Marathon Weekend makes for a perfect warm winter running destination for runners of all ages and levels. It is held a month after the Disney Marathon. Like a rock-n-roll marathon, our event includes more than 20 musical acts along the course of the half and full marathon and half a dozen on the routes of the 5-k and 8-k races.
It is a walker and headphones-friendly event with a six-hour time limit on the course.
A very scenic route awaits, that includes four bridge crossings for the full and two for the half-marathon. The course twice takes marathoners to the beach side barrier island and back to the mainland before concluding on main street of downtown Melbourne. The awards ceremony follows with a party featuring yet another live band.
What To Expect
- Big medals (recycled metals) to all 1/2 marathon, 1/2 relay and full marathon finishers
- Tech tees made from partially recycled materials to ALL pre-registered participants
- Embroidered Melbourne Marathon bridge logo hats to half marathon, relay, full marathon and handcycle participants
- Post-race concerts both race days
- Pizza and fruit to runners on Saturday
- Pancakes, pizza and brews courtesy of Florida Beer to runners Sunday
- Gatorade, water and Clif Shots at each stop
- Pacers (for BOTH the 1/2 Marathon and full marathon)
- Super Bowl costume contest. Show off your favorite team!
- High Boston Marathon qualifying rate – two 5-mile straightaways
- Fun, Fun, Fun
START AND FINISH AREA NOW AT FRONT STREET PARK!